Old November 9th 04, 03:34 PM
Big Bill

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:05:35 GMT, RikiTikiTavi >
wrote:

>I gave it a yank the other day to move the seat back more straight and crack!
>It broke.
>
>I looked at the broken part under a magnifying glass and one side of the
>crack was rusted, meaning a defective part from Ford. Grrrr.

Not really.
That truck is 13 years old. The rust only means that the piece was
cracked long enough for rust to form. That could have been only a few
months depending on where you are.

>Ford Parts say they no longer stock that braket part.

Ten years is the norm; you could try a wrecking yard.

>Has anyone else come across this? I'm thinking of getting a spot weld at
>some muffler shop.
>Sound good?

That should work.
Good luck!

>-- Riki
>--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"