Old April 10th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default window etch rip-off?

In article .com>,
wrote:

> Just bought an 06 Miata and the dealer insisted that the etching is
> non-negotiable ... at a cost to me of $156!...

<snip>
> Anyone else have a similar tale - and a resolution I can
> use?

Too late now, but the appropriate "resolution" would've been to walk
away at the word "non-negotiable." EVERYTHING is negotiable.

They're still jerking you around, just for the sport of it (car salesmen
are slimeballs and easily entertained). I wouldn't waste your time with
the dealership or Mazda. Start with the Better Business Bureau, and if
you don't get results in a week report the dealer to your state attorney
general for fraud. Chances are you aren't the first buyer they've
screwed like that.

Does your state law let you return a new car within a certain period of
time for a full refund, no questions asked? It's the most direct threat
you have to offer the dealer.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis