Old January 4th 05, 07:28 PM

wrote:
> > DTJ wrote:
> >> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:52:17 -0800, "Johnny Lately"

> >> And hear I thought it was clinton who sold all the nuclear secrets

> >> the chinese. Then again, liberal revisionist history does that to
> >> people.

> > You must have believed the conservative media then. The sale of

nuclear
> > secrets to China happened in the Reagan administration. It was
> > *discovered* during the Clinton administration.

> Quite a bit went out the door during the clinton admin. Both parties

are
> guilty.

Hmmm. Not according to the actual record. More nuclear secrets in the
Clinton Administration were *increased* in security classification than
were declassified. A sizable percentage of those that the scientists
(not politicians) had recommended to the Clinton admin for
de-classification -- about 30% -- were nevertheless rejected and
retained classified, and even a large number of the ones that Clinton
agreed with the scientific community to declassify were nevertheless
left unreleased.

The actual espionage that was thought to have given the Chinese the
multiple-targeting capability from a single missile occurred on
Reagan's watch.

Not that this demonizes Reagan. Not at all. If there was lax security
in the 1980s that allowed it, perhaps Reagan should be blamed. But it
wasn't suspected until 1995 and Clinton was informed of it in 1997.
Espionage occurs at all times. But the notion of Clinton or even both
parties "selling" nuclear secrets is bogus.