Old September 15th 05, 03:00 PM
Erik Meltzer

Hi!

BE wrote:
> Drivers will soon be able to feel their way through traffic with the help of
> a vibrating car that sends warnings about impending danger by stimulating
> the sense of touch.
>
> Scientists at Oxford University are working with a Japanese car manufacturer
> to design vehicles with tactile warning alarms built in to the seat,
> seatbelt, steering wheel and even foot pedals.

It's already here. The Citroen C5 warns by vibrating the
driver's seat if you cross a white line without the
corresponding turnblinker on. It's an option, but not
an outrageously expensive one (couple hundred Euros), and
I think standard equipment on the higher trim levels.
And of course, it can be switched off.

Yours,
Erik.
--
"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humour