Old June 13th 05, 07:36 PM
SnoMan

"Peter D. Hipson" wrote:
>On 11 Jun 2005 15:35:34 -0400, SnoMan
>
>wrote:
>

>>Not much except a bit shorter wheel base and the Wrangler might

>weigh
>>a bit less too. Same engine and tranny.

>The wheelbase is substantially shorter, The weight difference is also
>more than little. And, weight and wheelbase are critical factors WRT
>towing trailers. Regardless, what really counts is what the maker

says
>is reasonable and what is not.

Wheel base is a factor in stabilty for sure (it is not that much
different because we are not talking a CJ5 here) but being that they
rate vehical differnently for towing with a differnet engine we are
dealing with the engine factor here. Again I would limit it to less
than 1500 lbs if towing for any real distance and about 1000 lbs or
less if it has a lot of long hills with curvy roads and tow at 60 mph
or less because of shorter wheelbase. Trailer brake with trailer
weights over 1000 lbs wuld be a good idea to with that wrangler if it
is hilly

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/4X4-Jeep-w...ict123845.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=605443