Old June 10th 04, 09:52 PM
Malcolm Osborne

The poor m/w reception (we don't have l/w here) is an inherent weakness with
the 156.

It has been mentioned on this newsgroup several times in the past.

I've never seen any way of improving the receptionother than installing an
external aerial.

Malcolm Osborne
Benoni, South Africa
(1999 156 2.0TS - 198 000Km!)

"Neil Waterworth" > wrote in message
> Is it just my car or where I live, or is the Alfa 156 aerial (I believe
> built into the rear screen) useless for long wave and medium wave radio
> reception? Also, if the aircon is running, it gets even worse. My crap old
> Renault, with the classic pointy metal stick on the roof never had a
> problem. Are there ways to improve the reception?
>
> Also, I saw what I think I read as an "Alfa 2000" when I flew past it on

the
> M-Way a couple of days ago. It was a really fun looking convertible with

an