Old October 30th 04, 10:45 PM
Achim Nolcken Lohse

Default full synthetic VW 505 01 in North America?

Has anyone found a source of fully synthetic VW 505 01 engine oil in
North America?

The only brands I've been able to find in Canada are Motul, which is a
"synthetic blend" and outrageously priced at CAD$11/Litre, and
Castrol, which doesn't even show the word "synthetic" anywhere on the
package, but is described by Castrol's "aslk and expert" as "a
synthetic technology product", and isn't cheap either at $8.40/L.

I'd prefer to run a full synthetic, even if it cost more than the
above.

--

Achim
_____/)