Old September 10th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo

Default Hudson rFactor addons for next to nothing

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
k...
> Alan Bernardo wrote:
>> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
>> .uk...
>>> Hudson is getting a new job and will no longer be doing rFactor addons.
>>> He is running a sale for his existing add ons and even giving away his
>>> cameras. Tracks are now $2.75.
>>>
>>> The site will close Sunday night.
>>>
>>> http://hudsonkerr.com/index.php
>>>
>>> I paid full price for his stuff and thought it was good value. It is top
>>> quality stuff and I would recommend snapping it up.
>>>
>>> Without getting into a payware debate I think it is a shame the option
>>> for Hudson's addons will be lost and wish him all the best for the
>>> future.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Tony

>> It's a shame he doesn't just release them at no cost too. I just don't
>> dig those people who pile on to retail releases, trying to make a buck.
>> It reminds me of those who always want to make money out of tragedies--
>> or who always want to make money out of anything. I just will never
>> understand why people chase money around like that. (OT)

> Sort of like changing a closing down sale sign in a shop to loot me now...

Why not? For all those who have purchased his stuff in the past, it would
be a nice gesture. What does the guy plan to do with his stuff otherwise?
If this were you, and your choices were to give the stuff away for free, or
to just pack up and be done with it, what would you do? But since there's
always the lingering lure of making money somewhere down the road (for
whatever end), my guess is the guy would rather close up shop and give no
one nothing, unless it means cash for him.

Alanb