Old September 9th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_4_]

Default Oh boy... what fun. :)

"DougW" > wrote in message
> Earle Horton wrote:
> > "DougW" wrote

> >> Actually I have several sets of tools. Some real good
> >> craftsman/snap-on/s&k and an assortment of crap that I don't mind
> >> loaning out. This is yet another fine opportunity to buy some more
> >> good sockets.
> >>

> > I'll remember that the next time I want to round off some bolt heads.
> > ;^)

> I've got the perfect socket set for that and I'll even throw in the
> plumbers wrench so you can rip the head right off that bolt.
>
> > SK sockets used to break. Do they still do that?

> I've never had an SK socket break on me, but I have twisted the ends
> off several extensions and adapters with them. They are the black
> (impact) type.

I stopped buying them about thirty years ago, when a salesman told me that
the cheap ass rubber handle on a breaker bar fell off the breaker bar,
because I had abused it. Then a counter person told me that I would have to
take a broken socket back to the store where I had bought it, six states
away. The shiny ones were famous for shattering, but they didn't round off
bolt heads. I still have an SK metal socket organizer, full of mostly
Craftsman sockets! The wrenches were tough, but too big for most uses.

Earle