Old April 15th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

Default Clutch slipping - looking for reputable shop in Richmond, VA

I appreciate everyone's inputs. The car is a 97' Civic EX with 123K miles.

The questions I need answered a

1. Does anyone has a suggestion for reputable repair shop in Richmond, VA?

2. Has anyone had experience with "Wallace Automotive" in Richmond, VA?

3. Is $1,000 a reasonable charge for Clutch plate and Bearing replacement?

Thanks again,
- Pat

"'Curly Q. Links'" > wrote in message
> Pat Dreiding wrote:
> >
> > My '97 Civic Ex is experiencing clutch slippage so I'm looking for a
> > reputable shop to do the repair work.
> >
> > Has anyone had experience with "Wallace Automotive" in Richmond, VA?
> >
> > I've been told that some "bearings" and the "clutch plate" needs

replacing.
> > I've taken it to a couple of places and they've told me that it will

take a