Old March 3rd 05, 04:51 AM
Spike

I thought Flaming River had begun producing a bolt in R&P matched to
their tilt column. I know that with the kit you do not need to cut the
column shaft as you do when you buy only the column.

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:38:56 -0700, ".boB"
> wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>> Or you can go with a bolt in rack and pinion. Get the kit with the
>> tilt steering column: ) I've been eyeing the www.mustangsplus.com
>> RP&Tilt kit.
>>
>> On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:27:13 -0600, Chris >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>Trying to convert my 65 Mustang from Manual to Power Steering. Does
>>>anyone know if the Steering Box needs to be changed? Or do I just
>>>need the Control Valve and Slave Cylinder?
>>>

> I used the R&P manual kit from Mustangs Plus. I
>had factory PS, but (as has been said) it's not very
>accurate, and it leaked a lot. It's also heavy, and
>the factory pump robs enough power to be noticeable.
> I have to admit I don't much like it. The ad
>says, "Manual steering that feels like power". Don't
>believe it. It fells good when driving down the road.
> Very smooth and precise. But low speed maneuvers do
>require some muscle; much more than my Cobra.
> If Flaming River ever makes a power rack for this
>conversion, I'll be buying one. I'm also looking
>closely at this kit called "Steeroids". If I had seen
>that a few months sooner, I would have bought it.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16