Old March 2nd 05, 11:38 PM
.boB

Spike wrote:
> Or you can go with a bolt in rack and pinion. Get the kit with the
> tilt steering column: ) I've been eyeing the www.mustangsplus.com
> RP&Tilt kit.
>
> On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:27:13 -0600, Chris >
> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>Trying to convert my 65 Mustang from Manual to Power Steering. Does
>>anyone know if the Steering Box needs to be changed? Or do I just
>>need the Control Valve and Slave Cylinder?

I used the R&P manual kit from Mustangs Plus. I
had factory PS, but (as has been said) it's not very
accurate, and it leaked a lot. It's also heavy, and
the factory pump robs enough power to be noticeable.
I have to admit I don't much like it. The ad
says, "Manual steering that feels like power". Don't
believe it. It fells good when driving down the road.
Very smooth and precise. But low speed maneuvers do
require some muscle; much more than my Cobra.
If Flaming River ever makes a power rack for this
conversion, I'll be buying one. I'm also looking
closely at this kit called "Steeroids". If I had seen
that a few months sooner, I would have bought it.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!