Old May 21st 05, 02:24 AM
Arif Khokar

L Sternn wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:05:54 -0700, "Bob Flaminio" >
> wrote:

>>Coming onto northbound I-280 at the Page Mill interchange*, around 5:00
>>in the evening. Traffic is typically moderate, with ambient speeds of
>>around 75-80mph (the posted speed limit is 65). There's a cop in front
>>of me on the onramp, so I get a nice clear view of what happens next.
>>
>>The cop immediately floors it onto the freeway, pulls up behind the
>>first car he comes to, and hits his lights. Bang, a speeding ticket for
>>this hapless commuter.

> He was violating the law - cops are supposed to enforce it every once
> in a while.

Which means that the moral of the story is to attempt to cause a multi
car pile up if this happens to you. That way, you don't get a speeding
ticket and everyone is safer since legal behavior is by definition safer
than illegal behavior ...

> If you speed, you know you're taking a risk.

Yes, going with the flow is riskier than attempting to cause a multi car
pileup. The law says so and therefore it is.

> Whining on usenet accomplishes nothing.

Not true, it gets people like you to respond