Old March 2nd 05, 04:54 PM
Ron Herfurth

"momcat21" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Drove the car into the parking lot, turned it off, took out the key. Went
> back the next day - key won't turn the ignition. Steering is locked. It's
> like somebody switched keys (impossible since all three keys in the family
> won't turn the ignition). Steering wheel is locked, car in park, can't
> move it.

I have a slightly different issue - the key will not come out. Except for
the very hottest days, my ignition key kas been stuck in the ignition for 7
years. Everything else works fine, I use the key on my key chain to unlock
the door. On the very hottest days of the year the key will wiggle a little
more (or maybe it chirps at me -don't remember exactly) so I give it a
little extra pull and it comes out.

My original cylinder worked fine until I took it in at 35 months to get some
pre end of warranty service. After 4 hours I asked what in the world was
wrong with my poor-still-under-warranty car. They said they were done long
ago but when the pulled it out of the service bay and parked it for me to
pick up the key broke off. So they had to replaced the cylinder with one
that worked fine for about a year. I've had it back to the dealer several
times and told them that the key was stuck but they never suggested doing
anything and I never asked for anything.
Ron 94 SL-1 108,000