Old August 29th 04, 09:26 AM
Catman

squidge wrote:

> I've had a 2 litre 75 Twin Spark since 1991 and the brakes have ALWAYS
> been bad.
>
> I've had them serviced numerous times over the years - new master
> cylinder, new pads etc. Last time cost $2000 because "the master
> cylinder was connected the wrong way round". This did improve them a
> little, but there is always a spongey, "is this thing gonna stop" feel
> to them.
>
> Is this an inherent flaw in the 75?

That depends on how bad they really are. Not that bad I assume if you keep
passing whatever raod test you have to do.

On both my 75s, and the Giulietta (which has 75 brakes) you need a
deliberate long press of the pedal. It does feel like there's nothing there
but IME they do stop just fine. FWIW I have fitted EBC green stuff pads to
the Giulietta fronts. That makes braking performance excellent (apart from
pedal travel) They do work best when warm though......

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS (two off)
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk