Old March 9th 05, 05:10 PM
Hairy One Kenobi

"Michael Burman" > wrote in message
> Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
> > OTOH, if it decides to go straight on when you're trying to turn

right...

> ESP goes to the direction where you turn, if it doesn't, you should go
> to service and say there's something wrong with it. If you play with
> oversteer and turn to other direction to get it sorted, ESP will also
> turn the car to that other direction (let it be out of the corner or
> what, but that's where you're steering).

...and thay say "nothing wrong, sir. Working as designed"

> But otherwise, sounds like there's something wrong with your car, or
> just ********, since disengaging ESP isn't something you have time to do
> if the car is actually going out.

Reach over with left hand, slap dashboard. What's that, half a second? Less?

In any event, it worked: with ESP now switched off, the car turned fast
enough to oversteer. Quite handy at the time, as it allowed me to go
/around/ the roundabout, instead of into a tall kerb.

Next you'll be telling me that TT windows don't drop on their own, or that
the interior light doesn't sometimes fail to turn off (usually in
conjunction with the internal doorlock button failing).... ;o)

To be fair, I /do/ trust ESP to keep the car in a straight line. I just
don't trust it to accurately follow driver inputs.

H1K