Old July 7th 05, 07:33 PM

If you're replacing just the rears I'd stick with the Pilots. They're
great tires. If you wanted to replace all four then you could try
something different, but if you've been happy with them why change?
(Well, other than price). If you do only get two new ones, you could
swap your existing fronts (low on tread but passable) to the rear, and
put the new ones on the front.

I run the Pilot Sport A/S - rated as all season, legal for all season,
but barely passable in serious snow. You might consider them if you go
skiing at all. They work just as well as the ones you've got, but have
the sidewall markings the CHP will look for once it starts snowing.

As far as the suspension goes - you're probably just used to the car
now. Mine has 35K on it - but a test drive in a non-Sport-package E90
told me that yes, my sport package suspension still works better!