Old August 17th 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

Default 2006 530i - High Battery Drain

In article >,
Jim > wrote:
> > Had this same problem...it's possible your stereo or another accessory
> > was wired directly to your battery, and thus drains it while the car
> > is not running.
> >

> If that is the way that whomever connected this equipment to your car,
> you really ought to complain loudly about their workmanship.

It's quite common for external power amps to be connected 'direct' to the
battery - but go into standby mode when no signal is present. Of course
all these few milliamps here and milliamps there add up. I think I
remember reading somewhere that about 2 weeks is the maximum a modern car
can be left without running the engine before the battery goes flat.

--
*Filthy stinking rich -- well, two out of three ain't bad

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.