Old August 16th 06, 09:18 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

Default 2006 530i - High Battery Drain

In article >,
Jim > wrote:
> The old fashioned way to check would be to disconnect the battery. If
> there is a spark on reconnection, there must be a short somewhere.

Not necessarily - some electronics could have a high initial current.

> You can also measure the current with a VOM. The current with every
> thing off (you cannot actually cut every thing off) should lie in the
> milliamp range.

That's the reliable way. However, allow some time for things to settle
down - perhaps 20 minutes or so, as certain devices remain powered for
some time after switch off.

--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.