Old July 11th 05, 03:52 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article . net>,
Dave > wrote:

>I also view this as a parking ticket scam. The person who wrote the ticket
>KNEW that I was not in violation of any parking ordinance. So it was a
>transparent attempt to extort money from me. In the state of Massachusetts,
>you pay parking fines or your car registration is suspended. That's why I
>call it EXTORTION. You give us money you don't owe, or we make it illegal
>for you to drive to work. Yup, extortion. -Dave

It's not extortion. It's the backing up of the smallest law with
overwhelming force. Don't follow the small one and don't pay the fine,
they'll force you to violate a bigger one to continue living. Don't
follow that one, they'll escalate some more until they have an excuse
to shoot you or jail you.

result in a fully-depreciated one.