Old July 10th 05, 08:14 AM
Cory Dunkle

"Freedom Fighter" > wrote in message
> PHILADELPHIA'S MALICIOUS PARKING TICKET SCAM

> "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the
> people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas
> Jefferson

It's liek that everywhere. I've been through similar things here in NJ. I
call to chedule a court date, they tell me to call back later as they don't
have the ticket yet and not to come to the date on the ticket. After
comfirming that 3 time swith the woman I do not go to the court date on the
ticket. I then receive two threatening letters claiming I owe them several
hundred dollars and giving me a new court date. I call and tell them I cna
not come to court on that date and it must be rescheduled to a time I can
come to court. They reschedule for another week and tell me not to come to
the one they sent me.

After not appearing at that court date I get a letter saying there is a
warrant out for my arrest. It happens to be Friday and the court office is
not open Friday through Monday. I was unable to reach any police on the
phone and my local PD is closed. So I set out driving to find a cop running
radar or stopped anywhere so I can find out how to have this taken care of.
When I find a cop and tell him about ym predicament he said I can't do
anything about it until Tuesday when the office is open. My response to him
was along the lines of 'So I can be arrested wrongfully on the weekend but I
can't clear up _your_ mistake on the weekend?' He said yes, and to 'get lost
and hope no one stops you'. He was very rude and unhelpful. Yeah, protect
and serve... Rrrriiiiggghhhttt. That's not their job description at all.
It's just a marketing slogan made up by the PR department of some department
out in CA.

They have the power to do whatever they like. No one in power wants to fix
it, as it works to their advantage. It's disgusting what they do to people.