Old January 25th 05, 10:03 PM
deathcube23

I just started getting the CEL on my Mazda 6s. I took it to the dealership
(just had my 7,500 mile service done a week earlier) and they said they had
12 other cars in the shop for the same problem. They said that the Mazda
3's had a faulty gas cap that was causing the CEL and they have begun
replaceing them. They said the Mazda 6's had a software issue with
emissions. Sounds like they are still trying to get a handle on that one.
He assured me that the light was harmless and would have NO negetive
effects on my engine. I'm leaving my 6 with them and the end of the week
and they will check it out.