Old July 7th 05, 04:00 AM
Neil

"Phil Morgan" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all your help guys, I DO own a 1989 M6 in pristine condition,

and
> have owned most variants of Munich's finest, over the years. I just

thought
> that as we are all 'car nuts' there might have been some serious attempt

> help a fellow autophile, rather than flaming me with puerile comments,
> needless to say I expected too much of today's 'crop' of BMW enthusiasts!

Well to start off this is a BMW group. Couldn't you find a Mercedes forum?
And this is usenet, not 'webland'. Oh, and the witicisms were aimed more at
the follow-up posters than you; I don't think you were flamed?. Finally, if
you're having problems with your car, it might be a good idea to provide a
few hints as to what they may be. Kind of hard to offer advice when we
don't have any clue what the problem is.

Just two other pieces of advice because I've had a few Heinekens... ;-)
Unless you want to get a lot of spam, it's a good idea to modify your e-mail
address in your web client as I've done for you above. Finally -- and I may
be flogging a dead horse here, but I post on the spamcop forums where the
rule is strongly adhered to -- try not to top-post. Ta!

Oh, and good luck with the big ol' benz.