Old August 21st 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

Default Stolen parts

VWFilms wrote:

No, it's an older property with no security fence. The sign says,
"Smile... you're on camera!" but I can't see any sign of visual
acquisition devices.

I know of one of those self service car washes that the same sign
plastered all over. The owner was a friend of a friend and he told me
that all of the cameras were fake. They looked real so you never
really know. When was just out of school, I managed a King Kwik
Convenience Store. They had these signs that said proctected by
Dictograph Security System. Most of those cameras were fake. You
would have thought that they would have invested a little money in
actual real cameras. They did have one odd one that was actually a
poloroid camera. You pulled a $2 bill from under a money clip in the
cash register and it started shooting.