Old November 12th 04, 05:03 AM
boB

Default My impression of the New Mustang

I drove a GT this evening. It only had 450 miles on it, so I didn't
want to really thrash it before break in. Not my car. Not like my
impression is worth a lot, but here it is anyway.

What I liked:

Front grill/fascia, and rear fascia: This is what attracted me to the
car to begin with. I've been driving old Mustangs for decades, and this
just looks great.
Dash: Looks great, easy to read, not too busy.
Drive train: Pulls well to 5,000, shifts very smoothly. A little too
quiet maybe. Very easy to drive, with an extremly smooth clutch.
Suspension: Wow, this is where this car really shines. It takes hard
corners really well with a strong feeling of confidence. Even fast
corners over rough pavement were easy.

What I didn't like:

Front fenders: Too boxy looking, too square. Looks a lot like the new
M300.
Hood: Too flat. Needs a small scoop or a shaker.
Seats: you sit on them, not in them. Not enough lateral support for
the corners that the suspension is capable of. They were also a little
hard to sit on.
Exhaust: Definatly needs a better sound.

Will I buy one? No, I don't think so. It didn't give me a woody.
Maybe when the SVO version comes out. Or maybe a MachI.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!