Old July 8th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
fordtech via CarKB.com

Default Battery indicator question

that indictor is for before the car is sold. There is a 3 page TSB (technical
service bullitin) all about it. it only indicates one cell out of 6. and it
was not designed to be acurate except when stationary. in other word driving
will cause it to maybe stick so it appears to have a low charge. bottom line
don't stress over it. depend on your ear to tell you if your battery is low,
the engine won't spin over as happily as before. your warranty is 3 years I
believe. so if you feel it's not cranking normally take to the dealer. they
real should put a black sticker over it we get this all the time. some people
will go balistic so you have to change it and ford won;t cover a good battery
so thr dealer has to eat it. just so you know. Peace Out, Bob