Old July 5th 05, 02:17 PM
The Real Tom

:

>> Was this a start after sitting in heavy rain or driving in heavy

>rain?
>>
>> Any idea what the service code is? I'd first consider a misfire due

>> the wet ignition wires. Check the coil, distributor cap and rotor

>and
>> all the spark plug wires. Pull off the distributor cap and check

>for
>> any moisture inside. Should be dry as a bone.

>> .. .
>>> On my 96 SL the "Service Engine Soon" comes on after a heavy rain.
>>> After the car runs awhile (I guess until the wet area dries) the

>car
>>> will restart with no trouble light. The leak is most likely a
>>> clogged drain allowing water to drip down the fire wall or other
>>> spot. Has anyone found and solved this problem.... Thanks

>The condition occurs are sitting parked and starting after a heavy
>rain.

You'll love this, I had a 96SL2, if it sat for a couple days, and it
rained heavy right before I started it, the car would start rough,
come to idle, and then the SES light would come on. While driving to
work, it would turn off.

I replaced the plugs and wires. Ofcourse cleaned off the ignition
posts, and the problem seem to go away.

Now I figured it was a bad connection, or wire, so I hope a simple fix
like mine works for you, since each car is unique at times.
later,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com