Old July 14th 04, 12:58 AM
richard hornsby

The easy way to check this is to unplug the switch and use something to
complete the circuit that the switch would have been plugged into. You
could also remove the switch and use a multimeter to test the switch's
continuity as you work the mechanism.

It is also possible that the switch is fine, but the connector has come
loose over time. If needed, the switch should be relatively inexpensive
at your local auto parts store.

If the starter has never been replaced, it is around that time in the
vehicle's life when it may be a culprit.

-rj
98SL2