Old September 11th 04, 02:00 PM
Zathras

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:10:51 +0200, Thomas Strandtoft
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>
>> 17500UKP import and 20500UKP retail in 2001. I was really talking
>> about the running taxes..fuel duties, road tax etc.

>We have those too..
>
>Still, it's not a competition to see who has it worst, car taxes
>generally tends to suck.. :-)

Yes but does your government spend these taxes on transport or blow it
as a supplement of general taxation while roads and transport crumble?

>> I take your point about purchase price but to make any sense of it, I
>> need to know what the average income is in Denmark! Up in Scotland,
>> the last figures I can find is 22200UKP gross per annum for year 2002.
>> I doubt we're much higher than that now. :-(

>According to the official danish statistics, the average for the
>private sector is £34500 and for the public sector it's £28000.

That sounds like the Danish get paid a LOT more than us. I forgot to
say that the figure I gave is the average HOUSEHOLD income so it's not
an average individual salary. It wouldn't surprise me if the Danish
average household income was heading for 40000UKP up and this would
make the Alfa purchase fairly comparable in either country.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)