Old April 6th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default An interesting thing I saw this AM

OK, here is my interesting sighting this AM. I am preparing to turn left
from Six Fork Road, Raleigh NC onto the ramp for I-540 west. At this point
Six Forks is on an overpass. There are a total of four lanes heading north,
two straight and two that turn left into an on ramp to I-540 (plus two lanes
heading south and a merge lane for traffic coming up from I--540). The left
turn lanes have green turn arrows, the straight lanes are stopped. Out of
the right corner of my eye I see a motorcycle streaking up on the far right
in the breakdown lane (shoulder). He runs the red light for the straight
lanes, and turns left across the two straight lanes (in front of stopped
traffic), and zooms up the right shoulder of the left turn lanes and I-540
ramp. There is a third lane that merges with the on ramp about 50 yards down
the ramp (for cars coming from the north), he forces one vehicle off the
road, roars onto I-540 and is out of sight before I even merge onto I-540.

Just one more reason for me to dislike motorcycles.

Ed

th.net...