Old March 5th 05, 06:39 PM
B. Peg

Mostly because American buyers want large vehicles (fat people can't fit
well in small cars, ya know) and to haul large (take it anyway you want)
families around. If they made a hybrid SUV, then they will come - and kick
the price of gas to $4-5 gallon too.
Look at all the large vehicles sitting in used car lots, some '04 models
even. I think the hybrid trend is coming later this summer, but the true
cost of ownership (ergo, the $$$$ battery) remains to be seen. If
Kalifornya goes to a mileage-based tax system at the pump there won't be
much incentive either.

B~