Old January 6th 05, 12:56 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:50:20 GMT, Sid Daley >
wrote:

>1992 Suzuki Swift, about a year back the fan stopped working at all but
>the max speed. I was fine with that because I had heat, the other day it
>stopped working entirely. I checked the fuses and their was a 15amp
>blown, so I changed that and it worked again. Now it has stopped working
>totally and the fuse is good???
>
>There is still heat when the car is moving but no fan.
>

>Thanks
>Sid

You blew the fuse because the fan motor was pulling too much current.
Something in it, field armature shorting out with stator, or
something, is defective about that motor. Something is wrong with
that electric motor, but I can't test it so we just mention it in
general terms.

If you want to solve this problem, you will replace the motor, or
remove it and attempt to repair it. I don't put much stock in trying
to repair it, so plan on replacing it.

OR, your wiring to the motor was short circuited B+ to ground, but the
chance of that is too remote to take seriously. I think you just need
a new fan motor.

Nothing worked but the Max Speed because it was only at Max Current
that you could spin the thing. Bearing might be shot, causing the
motor not to turn at all, causing rotor to rub against stator, and
then there you have it, toast.

Lg