Old December 8th 04, 03:30 AM
AlanH70

Default Headlamp issue please help..98 Jetta Diesel

Last night while driving my 1998 VW Jetta TDI everything was fine. But this
morning something funny happened. Ok let me explain a bit. The way the
headlamps work is when you turn the key the parking lights go on and if the
emergency brake is on (which it was as my car is a standard) when you release
the e-brake the headlights go on automatically so you dont have to worry about
turning them on ever. Well this morning I start my, car release the brake and
no lights. I am miffed. The parking lights are on but both low beam headlamps
are out. Well plan B comes to mind just use the high beams for the time being.
Well I drove to work with no problem but when I drove home from work I arrived
to my parking area and I noted the drivers side high beam has also gone out. So
now I only have one light, the passenger side high beam that is working. Any
ideas, thoughts, or fixes for my situation?????
If you want to respond to question feel free to write to my email at
or just reply back to the group. thanks for your time!