Old August 18th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Default I Must be Getting Slow

How about a replay and a setup? Have you tweaked the setup
extensively?

I just don't see a 1:11 happening for me without some major change. I
mean, unless there is some blatant track cutting going on. I've
already tried putting two wheels in the grass through the S-turns with
no major gains. I did get down to a 1:16.5, but that was on a clean
lap, and that's still 5 seconds off the pace!

OK, how about answering this... In what gear are you taking the
S-turns? I'm dropping to 1st for what is probably about turn 5 or 6,
and for the last hairpin before the long straight. I'm in second
through all the other S-type turns. I could probably blow through them
in third but not while hitting a realistic apex. From what I saw
online, there didn't seem to be a lot of track cutting going on.

Most of my gains were found tweaking the differential. I found that
with traction control enabled the car is more comfortable with full
power lockup and no coast lockup.

Pat