Old June 5th 06, 01:32 PM posted to aus.cars,alt.fan.landrover,rec.autos.4x4

Default Land Rover Discovery bonnet release at 60 km/h

http://home.people.net.au/~wabbaly/Disco%20Bonnet%
> 20Release%20at%2060%20kmh/
>
> With some difficulty the three of us lowered the bonnet, carefully
> manipulating the wipers under the bonnet's lower edge (they were in
> that position because of the accident). Because there was no phone
> reception, we couldn't call Land Rover's Roadside Assist, therefore
> we tied the bonnet down and drown slowly home and called there.
>
> Had the bonnet spontaneously released itself minutes before or after,
> the three of us could have crashed into a pine tree or sandstone road
> cutting. We are so fortunate the accident took place where it did.
>
> The car: Was I driving an old Disco. No, it's a 2003 Land Rover
> Discovery, Series II, purchased Dec 2003,
> under warranty until Dec 2006. Serviced by the book by Land Rover
> service centres.
>
> Land Rover "Customer Care" were initially reluctant to provide us
> with a replacement car or cover the costs of towing. This, and other
> behaviour, was totally disrespectful considering that the three of us
> could have died due to the malfunction had it occurred elsewhere.
> Particular mention must be made of Andrew Howard and Maggie
> (Margaret) Horesch (National Customer Care Manager for LRA) both of
> whom work in Melbourne--they have shown complete disreguard for our
> circumstance--I hope none of you have to deal with them when it
> really matters.
>
> Has anyone heard of this happening to Land Rovers?
>
> The most important issue for me and my family is, why did this
> accident happen?

Is this a troll??????

I mean no-one could possibly have been unaware of LR's ****e attitude
to their customers *after_the_sale* ?
Their ****e design?
Their ****e build quality?

Yeah - It has to be a troll..

Anyway, in the extremely unlikely event your piece was not a troll, LR
is at this moment kicking themselves severely up th' arse for offering
that very un-traditional longish warranty.
So, you can be pleased you've had 'some' impact on the *******s.

> Furthermore, what will stop it happening again?

You're kidding if you dn't know the answer to that - troll or no
troll:-)

--
Toby.
quidquid latine dictum