Old December 19th 04, 08:28 PM
Bill Jones

"AZGuy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:30:48 GMT, "Bill Jones" >
> wrote:
>
>>I actually preferred the Car & Driver comparison, because they declared a
>>winner and a loser.

> You mean you can't read an article and figure out for yourself which
> would be YOUR preferred car but have to be told?

Why do you ask that question? I simply said I preferred a comparison
article to declare a winner and loser. And in the next sentence, which you
snipped out, I explained why - because it makes for conversation and debate.

Yes, I read the article, and know that I prefer the Mustang. I don't have
to be told. I just like the writers to stick their necks out and give their
opinions. That's exactly why I read newsgroups and forums like this - to
hear other folks' opinions...

> "wins" around to keep the ad money flowing in from all the makers. If
> you were to believe the car mags, autos are so much better each year
> that if you worked backwards a 1968 model car would have to have been
> little more then a wooden axle with two stone wheels pulled by a fleet
> of gerbils.

hehe. good one!

Unfortunately, I agree with the magazines that say that modern cars are
better in almost every way than their predecessors. I have owned lots of
cool cars: 1965 Corvette 396 4-speed convertible, 1971 Oldsmobile 4-4-2
W-30 4-speed, 1974 Z28 4-speed, 1974 Triumph Spitfire, 1981 Z28 4-speed,
1984 Z28 5-speed, 1987 Mustang GT 5-speed, and my current 1995 Mustang GT
5-speed. I recently drove a 2005 GT 5-speed, and without hesitation, I
would say it's easily better than any car I previously owned.

But then again, I may be different than a lot of Mustang owners in that I
really just use the car as a daily driver, and don't mod it much at all. I
might swap out the shifter or perhaps experiment with different computer
flashes (if I buy a new '05 GT), but I think I'd probably be pretty happy
with it the way it comes from the factory.

-Bill J.
95 GT