Old December 21st 04, 08:37 PM

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:13:12 -0500, "Steve"
m> wrote:

>"Bob Shuman" > wrote in message
>> I live near Chicago and have seen -26 F without wind chill. I know I've
>> also seen -40 up just North of me in Wisconsin. I figure Michigan gets

>just
>> as cold and some of Michigan (UP) gets pretty bad. Better safe than

>sorry.
>> I'd mix to -50 to be safe.
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> > On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:05:09 -0600, "Bob Shuman"

>or -50
>> > >

>> > It gets to -50 in Michigan?!!!

>> idea

>> tesi170

>> it. I

>> SC1

>this

>engine
>> or

>> the

>night
>> in

>Straight

>> all?
>> > >

>> > later,
>> >
>> > tom @ www.URLBee.com

> Bob, you seem to have forgotten Christmas Eve about twenty years ago
>when the temp was -50 F (wind-chill -75 F)! That made the temperature in
>Detroit when we left for Chicago, -25 F (-50 F wind-chill) seem balmy by
>comparison, and Detroit is WAY south of northern Michigan.

I have a saturn sl2 with about 60k miles. I started it up and drove
it in 9F weather. The car sounded a million years old, creeking just
about everywhere. Took a long time of driving to finally warm up. I
can't imaging my saturn in -50 weather.

later,

tom @ www.URLBee.com