Old November 18th 04, 11:34 AM
Pete

"Curtis Newton" wrote

> I have heard EBC Greenstuff, Hawk, or Axxis brake pads are probably
> excellent alternatives, but each seems to have their faults (from Audi
> forum).
>
> My driving pattern is about 60% highway, 40% town, I am just looking
> for a pad that is rotor friendly and as brake dust-free as possible.

Curtis,

If you haven't already, check out this comparison grid that Mike @ PureMS
put together:
http://www.pure-motorsport.com/produ...php?pageKey=10

He recommends the Carbotech Bobcat pads frequently on AudiWorld.

Personally, I replaced my front and back OEM pads (dust queens they were)
with EBC Green last year and have been happy. Street braking performance is
comparable to OEM. Brake-dust is much lower, although still present to a
degree. No squeal. I've heard from many other car owners (mostly Japanese
cars) complaining that EBC Greens tend to warp their rotors. I haven't
experienced it myself. Who knows - maybe some other rotors don't fare well
with these pads, but I still have my OEM rotors and everything is fine.

Cheers,

Pete
'01 A4 1.8Tq