Old October 26th 04, 10:30 PM
jameson

Default Father, forgive me for I bought a chevy; a testimonial and question

Hi all...

you may have seen my posts in this group in the past...

I once owned a 88 accord (400,000, never missed a beat) a 1997 honda
accord (loved it, 'pimped' it out, but in a very classy,
hard-to-notice way) and my wife has a 2003 honda accord.

I had this dream when I was a kid... to own a corvette... many men
have this desire... but I am only 28.

I am not a pateint man. I did not want to wait until I was 65 to get a
vette. I wanted it now, while I still looked young and maybe some of
the college girls will not notice my receeding hairline as I buzz by
the campus, just for stares...

I once owned a chevy blazer... after selling it, I vowed never to buy
an american car again. So I caved with the vette. My wife said "but
your vow!!!" I said "It is a vette! Chevy certainly put in extra time
and effort for this thing!"

boy was I wrong...

got a nice looking 1992 LT1 v8 coupe, targa top and all. Man is it
fast, and man is it pretty! "Arrest-me-red" is the color my boss
called it. I can fix my hair in the paint it is so shiny! And best of
all... SIX SPEED MANUAL!

Well, of course I have had it in the shop 3 times this month... left
me stranded once, and gives me a "service engine soon" light about
once every 3 days... all the codes it gives are un-understandable to a
non-mechanic...

so, having suffered enough, I am selling it to an unsuspecting fool.
Went to my local Honda dealer today... needed to test drive something
reliable.

What do you guys think about:
1998 CRV, 77,000 miles, that wierd built in 4 wheel drive system, cd,
automatic blah blah blah.... about $8,800

and a 2001 Accord coupe, white, auto (really want a 5 speed), cd, etc
etc... $10,800, and of course the dealer said "we can come down off of
that"...

my budget is around $10,000 and $11,000. I wish I could buy my car
back, but at the same time, somethign different might be nice.

Anyway, hope the group can forgive me. I promise if the S2000 were in
my immediate price range at the time i bought the vette, i would have
gotten the S2000 and i would be busy driving it right now having a
gay-ole-time, and not asking for forgiveness!

take care!
Jazz Mann