Old May 13th 05, 11:51 AM
Nate Nagel

Magnulus wrote:

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>In North America, I'm looking for a vehicle with either awd/rwd/4x4,
>>diesel/turbo diesel, and a manual transmission. Does it exist? All I
>>can find are diesel VW's that don't have the set up I want since they
>>are all fwd (terrible).

> How is FWD terrible? It saves alot of money to have FWD system. The only
> time RWD matters is in a bigger car that you want to have accelerate very
> quickly, in every other way FWD is superior.

No, the ONLY way FWD is superior is in packaging. RWD provides much
better handling characteristics and more control for the skilled driver.

Now there are some people who prefer FWD in the snow but I respectfully
submit that that's probably because that's what they learned to drive
(much as I learned to drive with RWD so that's what I am comfortable
with <G>)

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.