Old May 13th 05, 07:58 AM
Magnulus

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> In North America, I'm looking for a vehicle with either awd/rwd/4x4,
> diesel/turbo diesel, and a manual transmission. Does it exist? All I
> can find are diesel VW's that don't have the set up I want since they
> are all fwd (terrible).

How is FWD terrible? It saves alot of money to have FWD system. The only
time RWD matters is in a bigger car that you want to have accelerate very
quickly, in every other way FWD is superior.

Dodge and Ford all make 4x4 trucks with diesel engines- and sometimes a
manual transmission option. Though most people who are doing serious
hauling preffer automatic transmissions. The fuel economy is generally
abysmal with these trucks, though.