Old February 17th 05, 09:52 PM
Schooner

"For multiplayer racing, EA has finally raised their game to the point where
you can theoretically race in a full 43-car grid online. I did some test
races with the folks at EA, as well as some members of the NASCAR gaming
community, and I have been pleased with the results. There's not too much
lag, and all the options Papyrus gave us for setting up and running race
servers are here in abundance, including a dedicated race server program if
you're running a league or just feel charitable."

Hmm, so its good but laggy and has all the admin features we need yet I have
read many posts already that states it has hardly any admin features at all.

"Unfortunately, even if you follow every audible and visual instruction, the
game can shaft you when it gets confused about where you are and what you
should be doing."

"In the course of a single caution, while accurately following the
computer's directions, I still managed to go a lap down and earn a stop and
go penalty. The in-game instructions in that situation were neither accurate
nor timely: I was told to slow down to get behind a certain car. When I
slowed down, I got a warning that I was going too slow and almost
immediately was told I'd lost my place in the line for going too slow, even
though I was just waiting for the other car to catch up to me."

"After pitting, I exited the pit lane as the pace car was going by, and
slowed to fall back to the end of the line, only to be told that I had
lapped the field under yellow and would be assessed a stop and go. Things
like this forced me to turn on the "auto-drive" feature during cautions. But
even that mode didn't work right. I was told that I was the "Lucky Dog" and
that I should proceed past the pace car to get my lap back. But the AI
driving my car refused to budge. And I could not override it! So, I didn't
feel like such a "Lucky Dog" after all.

That will be an issue if it cannot properly track car placements.

"Fortunately, you can turn off yellows and tweak other rules to minimize the
negative effects of these problems until a fix is available. For
multiplayer, it is a serious issue that will probably have many leagues
resorting to turning off yellow flags until it is fixed."

Thats nice, just turn off yellows for now for online.

And it got a 9.2

Maybe a patch will fix all these issues but it seems to have some glaring
bugs already

.. .

http://pc.ign.com/articles/588/588381p1.html