Old June 5th 06, 12:36 PM posted to aus.cars,alt.fan.landrover,rec.autos.4x4

Default Land Rover Discovery bonnet release at 60 km/h

Zodiac wrote:
> The secondary bonnet catch is useless in this situation as the actual
> bolting mechanism has come off.

Correct, I didn't look at the photos the first time around.
IMO thats not a good design, the secondary catch is supposed to stop the
bonnet flying open if the first catch fails but it can't work if it all
falls off.
BTW I went and looked under the bonnets of my 2 Toyota's (Hilux and
Corolla), the bonnet latches are a different design but if the bolts
came loose then the result would be the same as what happened to the
Disco so the Toyota design isn't really much safer.

Daryl