Old September 18th 04, 03:25 AM
Rufio

"Virgil Hilts" > wrote in message
> The law was enacted because of Wisconsin drivers who never go over 55MPH
> (even if it is posted 65) and never leave the left hand lane. Wisconsin
> drivers drive 55MPH and swear at Illinois drivers in their own state, for
> going too fast!
>
> In Wisconsin drivers ed classes, they never teach the concept of, slower
> traffic keep right...

Isn't there a "causing an obstruction" law for that, already ? I don't have
a major problem with the concept- except where the slower driver is already
doing the limit (OK 5-10 over), and someone is behind them. Some years ago,
I had to get down South (in the UK). So I was on the M1 (main N/S drag in
England) & was on my FZR600, doing about 120 in the extreme right lane (i.e.
same as the extreme left lane in the UK). I suddenly found myself tailgated
by an M5 with headlights flashing & horn going & fist shaking etc. I let him
go & saw him later - looked like he was being escorted to the local lock-up
:-) So, if I'm out in my C-5 & someone wants to go faster, I let them go
find all the speed traps for me :-).