Old September 11th 06, 07:18 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Ashton Crusher

Default $160 for fuel injector cleaning?

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:38:15 -0400, Mike Walsh >
wrote:

>Sounds like something I should try. Over the years I have had good results with Gumout and Pyroil, and have found some brands e.g. Snap to be worthless.
>
>Ashton Crusher wrote:
>>
>> I've nothing against Pyroil or Gumout but Chevron Techroline is also
>> excellent and won't foul plugs but will clean them up along with
>> cleaning up the valves, injectors, and combustion chamber in general.
>> I don't know if they are still available but Chevron used to send out
>> test results with before and after pictures and graphs showing grams
>> of gunk removed versus various concentrations of techroline in the
>> gas.

I saw the literature when a friend of mine had it some years ago. He
had some small 4cyl import and it would start idling rough and then
he's put a bottle of Techroline Fuel System Cleaner in it and a tank
of gas later it was running smooth again. I've bought several high
mileage cars (100K+) that ran ok but idled poorly and after a couple
bottles of the stuff ran much better.