Old January 11th 05, 12:16 AM
Nate Nagel

Alex Rodriguez wrote:

> In article >, says...
>

>>Not here (DC and VA) they don't. They block off a road and stop
>>everybody. Now they only give "extra attention" to those actually
>>appearing inebriated, but EVERYONE has to stop, there's no flagging down
>>of every 3rd car or anything, it is a hard checkpoint.

> They have a choice. Since in most places stopping every car would really
> screw up traffic royally, they stop every X cars. I'm going to guess that
> the road where they stop everyone is not one that has alot of traffic.
> --------------
> Alex

You would think so, but you'd be wrong. I've been caught in checkpoints
on both I-66 and Little River Turnpike, both heavily traveled roads.

To answer the next obvious question, yes, they do "screw up traffic
royally." But of course nobody ever has to work at night, so it's not a
problem.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.