Old April 24th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

Default Tire issues

High Tech Misfit > wrote in
:

> My '93 Accord has been exhibiting significant vibrations and even some
> shimmying as of late, especially at highway speeds. The vibrations
> were slight last fall, and rotating the tires did not help. When I
> had the winter tires on it this past winter, the vibrations were
> non-existent. And I always check the pressures once a week.
>
> Which is more likely: One or more tires are out of balance (or are
> just crap), or one or more rims are bent?

Most likely they are mounted badly.

Raise tire off ground with jack. Spin by hand. Watch from front or rear
depending on tire. The tire should spin true and smooth. If it bounces or
wobbles AT ALL, it's been mounted badly.

The "bent rim" defense is a common one when the tire monkey doesn't know
what he's doing.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ