Old January 24th 05, 05:50 AM
« Paul »

Masospaghetti wrote:
> =

> =AB Paul =BB wrote:
> > A friend of mine will be returning from Baghdad in the near future.
> > He will be living off base and will need a car.
> > He has about $6k US to spend.
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > I've ruled out:
> > GM 6 cyl 60 degree
> > Ford 6 cyl
> > Ford axod
> > Euro cars
> > Third world cars
> > Honda and Toyota seem overpriced for their value

> =

> Any reason GM's V6's are out?
> =

> 92-93 Accords seem to be a good value, they hold up well and are nice
> cars. A good one will set you back maybe $3000-$4000 so you could spend=

> the other $2k on tires and stuff.

Thank you for the reply. Hondas seem ok, also Mazda.
A 92/93 is probably close to the end of it's life unless we can find
a low mileage one. The cost of a Honda may rule it out, also.

=46rom what I have read, GM 60 engines ALL have intake manifold water =

leaks starting around 35k miles. Some worse than others. If not fixed
in time, the bearings get wiped.