Old October 18th 03, 09:15 PM
John Derickson

Default No brake lights - 62 Falcon

Can anyone give me some ideas as to what would cause the brake lights to
suddenly quit working on a 62 Falcon. There is no fuse for the brakes in
the fuse box and I don't have an electrical schematic for the car. I
checked the switch on the master cylinder and it's working good. The green
wire that comes in through the firewall from the master cylinder brake
switch has good 12v when I press the brakes at the last point I can check it
at, before it goes up the steering column. The turn signals work great! So
I know the wires going to the back of the car have to be good. Can the turn
signal SWITCH malfunction is such a way as to allow the signals to still
work, but not the brake lights? I'd appreciate any ideas, or even a copy of
the wiring schematic for a 62 Falcon, if someone has a scanner or can part
with a copy.

Thanks in advance.

John