Old November 12th 04, 01:12 PM
Don Mac Phee

Default rims, brake clearances, blizzaks for an 04 GTI.

Sometimes I'm extrodinairly guilty of doing things out of order, and could
use some help....

I want to upgrade the brakes to the bigger R32 style calipers, rotors, etc,
and also get a set of steel rims to mount some blizzaks onto (I think the
WS-50s.)

The calipers aren't going to be installed before winter, so I could use some
net advice.

What set of steel rims will mount on an R32? And assuming some form of
minus-sizing, what would you recommend for tires? I'll go with steel rims,
unless there's a good, cheap set of alloys.

I'm currently running the factory 17's and I'm a little worried about
driving the GTI through a NE winter. (I get my first crack at snow tonight.)
I have the ESP option, and I've been told that the car will be great in
snow, but any help would be appreciated.

Also, anyone other than tirerack.com you'd recommend?

-Don